07-19-13 Expert Day

MVP

Clearpass reports

Hello i got a question about this

I got Amigopod as demo and i tried doing a report  in which it would give me all the emails names of the users that used the clearpass Guest in this case amigopod but i just couldnt as the report says there was none.... guess it could be a bug...

Anyways now im using clearpass Guest not amigopod

My real question is:

1-Can we make reports based on quetions we can do before the login? for example gathering information for marketing  and give them that info in a type of report with clearpass guest?

For example

Maybe before loging asking them in the logging

1-What are the foods you like the most between these

2-Which one you dislike the most

And this kind of stuff that could be useful for the company or the marketing team of the company, and do a report with clearpass guest and send this valuable info

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

Re: Clearpass reports

We can create self-registration page with custom fields to collect other informations for Eg: food, hobby when guest register for an account.

We can use Clearpass Insight to generate report to list the guest accounts. Currently we do not have option to include the custom fields in the report as Insight reports runs against InsightDB, which populates data using netevets triggered with predefined fields when creating guest accounts in Guest module. This will be a good RFE for option to include the custom fields in Guest report. Please do post your feedback on our support site idea portal (http://support.arubanetworks.com).

As a workaround, we can use the Clearpass Guest->List Accounts page to include the custom fields in the table list, then use More Options->Export Guest Accounts option to export the accounts in CSV format to list guest accounts with the custom fields used in self-registration page.

MVP

When the user time ends doesnt it delete the user from the Database?

Or if it does not how much it stays in there before it get deleted?

Because the user would want for example to get an idea or recollect data of the name email and that kind of thing during the month?or at least a week?

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
MVP

About collecting information with the custon skin... would i be able to do a report of all the collected information?

Could you give me an example of how would it look like?

I would expect to ask them some quetions about their likes in the restaurants and their dislikes and give them options...

Then i would like to do a report of that  information.  Is this possible?

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

NightShade1 wrote:

When the user time ends doesnt it delete the user from the Database?

Or if it does not how much it stays in there before it get deleted?

Because the user would want for example to get an idea or recollect data of the name email and that kind of thing during the month?or at least a week?

When a guest account expires, it remains in the database for 365 days by default.  This parameter can be adjusted in the Cluster-Wide Parameters under Cleanup Intervals -> Expired guest accounts cleanup interval.  Since expired user accounts remain in the database, you can run reports on these accounts for up to one year.

NightShade1 wrote:

About collecting information with the custon skin... would i be able to do a report of all the collected information?

Could you give me an example of how would it look like?

I would expect to ask them some quetions about their likes in the restaurants and their dislikes and give them options...

Then i would like to do a report of that  information.  Is this possible?

See below for an example of the solution Nimal suggested.  I have editted List Accounts columns and displayed my custom field, pizza_topping.  To create a custom field with interfaces like dropdown, multiple choice, etc, take a look at CPG's in-built user guide.  There are examples in it to assist you.

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 6.59.16 PM.png

Aruba Employee

The Expire Action option will define the default action to take when the expiration time reached for Clearpass Guest Accounts.

From Configuration->Guest Manager->Expire Action, we can define the default expire action for guest accounts.

Options are:

Delete and logout at specified time

Delete at specified time

Disable and logout at specified time

Disable at specified time

Note: Expired guest accounts with Delete option enabled, Clearpass will disable the account at expire time and clear the account during daily nightly maintenance.

When setting up the Expire action to disable the account at expiration time, account will be disabled at expire time and disabled accounts are cleared based on Clearpass->Administration->Server Manager->Server Configuration->Cluster-Wide Parameters->Cleanup Intervals-> Expired guest accounts cleanup interval (default 365).

MVP

Ecelletng guys!!! thank you! :)

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

I encourage you to stilll open a feature request on Idea Portal for this as Nimal suggested.  I agree that it would be beneficial for Insight to be able to report on custom fields captured in a self-registration.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: