07-19-13 Expert Day

Occasional Contributor II

I have ARM enabled and my PC show signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars however it tooks 4-5 seconds to load a page! What I can do?

[ Edited ]

I have ARM enabled and my PC show signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars however it tooks 4-5 seconds to load a page! What I can do?

Aruba Employee

Re: I have ARM enabled and my PC show signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars however it tooks 4-5 second

The primary functionality of ARM is to allow the AP's to change channel and Tx power dynamically.
This is done by sampling the channel quality at a frequent basis.

If it takes the PC 4 - 5 seconds to load the page the following basic points may be considered for initial troubleshooting,

1) Check if the PC is on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, whether we are facing the same issue on either bands?

2) If it is 2.4Ghz, are there any sources of intererence in the channel at which the AP is operating (this usually tends to have a -ve effect on client throughput)

3) Is this issue happening for the same PC at a different area, with a different AP, terminating on the same controller.

Barath Srinivasan
Customer Engineering Architect
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution", in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Occasional Contributor II

Re: I have ARM enabled and my PC show signal strength of 4 out of 5 bars however it tooks 4-5 second

[ Edited ]

signal strength bars really dont mean a whole of alot with respect to actual signal strength and data rates

-Brian

Network Engineering|Texas A&M University
pacecar02@exchange.tamu.edu
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: