07-19-13 Expert Day

Occasional Contributor II

Mac Address

If you answer this Vijay I want to thank you for all you help and patience today.  Could you tell me how to set up mac address filtering on the AP web interface?  Thanks again.

Aruba Employee

Re: Mac Address

Hi smedwtz,

are you using Aruba Controller or Aruba instant. The reason I ask is you mention AP Web interface. I suspect you use Aruba Instant. Please confirm.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Instant.

Aruba Employee

Thanks for clarification. On Instant; we can't do ACL based MAC filtering. However; we can enable MAC authentication and achieve the same result.

On the UI; select the SSID you want to have MAC filtering enabled. On Security tab; enable MAC authentication and map internal server (or external server). 

On Internal Server; add the MAC address as employee without any delimeter and all lower case. 

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1650 (bit dated software version but should give you an idea).

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: