07-19-13 Expert Day

Occasional Contributor I

Multi Tenant on Aruba

Can Aruba controller work in the multi tenant environment? what I mean here is, in the service office building there are lot of tenant that will rent the office, as building management we also want to rent the wireless LAN infrastructure. So my idea is to build the infrastructure centrally (using single controller) and rent the access point to each tenant. The problem is, can with single Controller serve multiple "admin" that work independent base on the AP that they rent?

Regards,

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Multi Tenant on Aruba

[ Edited ]

if it was me i think id use clear pass and charge by the user

if you are designing the rf environment for your building, i don’t think you’re going to want a bunch of tenants playing with arm as they see fit

do you plan on having separate ssids per tenant?

What is the goal in "renting out the ap" vs charging for access?

-Brian

Network Engineering|Texas A&M University
pacecar02@exchange.tamu.edu
Aruba Employee

Hi Ahmad,

We can achieve this requirement by using seperate AP-Group to configure SSIDs for each tenant. However; the configuration can be modified by anyone with admin access. Hence; you would either have to take the responsibility to provide managed service for all the users or run the risk of have one tenant modify another tenant's AP-Group configuration.

Alternately; we could meet your requirement with Aruba Instant by using APs in Standalone mode or have each tenant APs in a seperate VLAN. With this approach; the tenant can manage their own network. You would only provide the hardware infrasturcture.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Occasional Contributor I

Hi vtjr,

Thanks for the idea, I think it is good to use the IAP and run them independently for each tenant, because they expecting to have private internet access that other tenant can't access. It is important because they will feel secure and confident working with their own SSID.

Another question, with IAP run independently can we manage all IAP with single Airwave? so we can have control to the all IAP.

Regards,

Aruba Employee

Ahmad,

Yes. Airwave can be used to manage IAPs. We can create different Organization for different Tenant and manage them. 

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: