802.11 Client Device Interoperability

Frequent Contributor II

Aruba's Wi-Fi Config utility and Win7

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to get the wi-fi config utility to specify the following setting on a Windows 7 supplicant.

Under the Security Settings / Advanced Settings, I need to check the box to "Specify Authentication Mode" and set this mode to "User or Computer Authentication".

If I look at the built in help for the wi-fi config utility there does not seem to be a command but I am sure it must be doable right?:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba's Wi-Fi Config utility and Win7

There is no command for that. Unfortunately Windows 7 defaults to computer Authentication, so you would have to go into the individual machine to change that under wireless Settings and Advanced.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Windows XP also defaults to the "Authenticate as Machine...." checkbox being checked along with "Smartcard..." correct? We change these to PEAP and uncheck the box but they revert back a lot and we have to set them again? Have you experienced this ever?
Thanks
Guru Elite

Are you saying you set it, connected successfully and then it reverted? Those settings normally stay the way you set it until someone deletes it and then try to connect automatically, then you will get the "Smartcard" thing, because XP never guesses properly.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Yes that is what I'm saying. It usually stays set to PEAP after a succesful connection but the checkbox for machine auth will sometimes revert back even after a successful connection but doesn't always seem to enforce since the user usually gets the correct role.
Guru Elite

The checkbox for "Authenticate as machine when information is available" only happens at the ctrl-alt-delete screen and is ONLY relevant for domain computers. If this checkbox is on for non-domain devices, it does not affect users connecting to wireless when they are already logged into their machines, when they are on a non-domain device. You can ignore it, for non-domain computers.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: