Can ClearPass OnGuard Persistent Agent can check whether the endpoint was infected by virus?
OnGuard agent does not work as an Anti Virus software however it does health check of your computer and sends information to the designated ClearPass server as describer in the Onguard Agent support Charts available in the following URL or in the userguide.
https://<hostname or ipaddress of Clearpass server>/tipshelp/html/en/index.htm#CPPM_UserGuide/
• Enhanced capabilities for endpoint compliance and control, including NAC and NAP
• Supports Microsoft, Apple, and Linux operating systems
• Anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall checks and more
• Optional auto-remediation and quarantine capabilities
• System-wide endpoint messaging, notifications and session control
• Centrally view the online status of all devices from the ClearPass Policy Manager platform
The following operating systems and versions are supported:
• Microsoft – Support for Windows 8 and 7, and Vista.
• Apple – Support for Mac OS X 10.7 and above.
• Linux – Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and above, Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS) 4 and above, Fedora Core 5 and above, and SUSE Linux 10.x.