Error - Cluster operations in progress. Modifications temporarily suspended on Publisher node
|Question||Error - Cluster operations in progress. Modifications temporarily suspended on Publisher node.|
|Environment||Publisher-Subscriber setup. we try to upgrade the code on servers to 6.2 and the subscriber gets stuck and fails to rejoin the cluster.|
|At this point, when we try to drop the subscriber from the publisher and it fails to drop.|
At this point, when we try to drop the subscriber from the publisher, we will get the below error:
[appadmin@cppm]# cluster drop-subscriber -i 192.168.10.10 -f
ERROR - Removing entry from database failed
ERROR - Failed to notify publisher about subscriber deletion. Ignoring the error...
INFO - Attempting remote drop of the subscriber node...
ERROR - 192.168.10.10: - Ignore drop node request from unknown publisher
To get your setup back into action, following are the steps in my view:
Login to Publisher UI and perform Drop subscriber (on designated standby whose cluster sync status = IN_PROGRESS).
- On Publisher, Drop subscriber will be refused, and an error will be prompted to disable Designated Standby configuration.
- Disable the Designated Standby settings using Cluster wide parameters.
- If subscriber node is part of VIP configuration, Drop subscriber will be refused again, and an error is prompted to disable/remove the corresponding VIP configuration.
- After disabling the above, Drop subscriber completes successfully on Publisher
- Since cluster is out of sync, manually reset the database on Subscriber and perform Make subscriber on this node.
- Once the subscriber is added back to cluster, reconfigure the VIP and Designated standby configuration as before.