Product and Software: This article applies to all ECS product and software versions.
This solution describes how to use SSH to change the administrator password on your NAC appliance. If you have more than one NAC appliance, change the passwords on all applicable servers.
PuTTY software: a free (MIT-licensed) Win32 Telnet and SSH client you can download from: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
- Use a strong password: 5-8 characters; combine letters, numbers, and symbols
1) Run the software to connect to the NAC appliance (run putty.exe and specify the appliance host name or IP address)
2) At the login prompt, type the username:
>login as: admin
3) At the prompt, enter the password command:
4) At the prompt, enter the current (old) password.
5) Enter the new password.
6) Enter the new password again.
7) Exit the session: