Product and Software:
This article applies to all ECS product and software versions.
In some network environments, it helps to have the NAC appliance automatically identify credentials without challenging the client.
This solution describes how to configure Persistent Agent to register the client by hostname instead of challenging for credentials and registering the machine to the user name.
- Admin access to the NAC appliance
- ssh software (such as PuTTY)
1) Connect to the NAC Control appliance or NAC Server appliance CLI by SSH.
2) Log in.
3) Edit the following file (this file will not be overwritten by future updates):
4) Add this line ("true" sets registration by hostname):
5) Save the file.
6) Restart the NAC server and Campus Manager.