Product and Software: This article applies to all ECS appliances.
Generally ECS has two Ethernet ports Enet0 and Enet1:
- Enet0 is used for management access, configuration, and for communication with model devices using SSH, Telnet, or SNMP. The switch port should always be configured as the access port.
- Enet1 is used as the web portal and isolation networks for clients. The switch port can be configured as the access port or 802.1q trunk port.
- Enet2, if present, is used for DHCP snooping and remote scanning.
- The configuration wizard configures Enet1 port as 802.1q trunk port. This is a Layer 2 implementation.
- If Enet1 needs to be configured as the access port, the configuration file must be manually changed. This is Layer 3 deployment.