AAA, NAC, Guest Access & BYOD

New Contributor
schmo

MAC Firewall Policy won't save

I've been trying to create a mac address policy to restrict 1 ssid to company phones only. Every time i create the policy it looks fine, I apply it and save the configuration but it does not seem to save. This could just be me being dumb. I have only started administering this recently.

Anyone got any ideas?

cjoseph

Re: MAC Firewall Policy won't save

Which screen are you on, and what are you trying to apply?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
New Contributor
schmo

[ Edited ]

After i apply and save the config. This policy is no longer there

aruba.JPG

cjoseph

Okay, do you want to say, "anything that begins with this mac address I want it to have Y role", or "I want to put in a list of mac addresses and only these macs will be able to pass"?  Which one?

For the first, you would create a user derivation rule, instead and attach it to the AAA profile of your WLAN (Configuration> Security> Authentication> User Rules Tab..

user-rule

For the second way, you would enter a list of mac addresses in the local database, configure a mac authentication profile and mac authentication server group and assign it to a AAA profile (user guide Chapter 19: MAC Based Authentication).

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean