AAA, NAC, Guest Access & BYOD

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

Solutions for legacy and existing products and solutions, including Clearpass, CPPM, OnBoard, OnGuard, Guest, QuickConnect, AirGroup, and Introspect

Onboarding in Publisher/Subscriber environment fails 

Jul 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Question : I have one publisher and one subscriber and want to onboard on the subscriber and after onboarding authenticate on the publisher.

Symptoms : I am trying to Onboard an Ipad  and get the following error when trying to Onboard. As you can see it is redirected to the subscriber and installing the root cert goes fine but then after typing in the username/password on the Onboarding page it ends up with the below error.

Error contacting publisher: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routine:ssl3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed.

Cause : This error indicates the subscriber wasn't able to verify the publisher's SSL certificate.

Resolution : Server certificate did not have the full chain installed as HTTPS Server Certificate. I only had the server cert + intermediate cert while the root CA cert in trust list.

After we have  server cert + intermediate cert + CA cert installed as HTTPS Server Cert the issue will be resolved.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.