When subscriber (configured as Designated Standby) went out of sync, you may have noticed that Publisher marks the node as disabled / cluster sync status is disabled.
In such a situation, please use the below steps:
- 1.On a subscriber node (configured as Designated Standby), if needed take a backup.
- 2.Perform a cluster reset-database.
- With Appadmin login,
- 3. Perform “Make-Subscriber” operation to join back into cluster.
- NOTE: Cluster password can be changed from Administration » Server Manager » Server Configuration.
- 4. After the node is joined as subscriber, check if VIP Service is running on the new subscriber. If stopped, please start the same.
- 5. This will succeed and High Availability features like VIP and Publisher Standby configurations are restored on this Subscriber node.
Note: In the above steps, you need not drop any of the high availability features before joining the out of sync/disabled Designated standby into cluster.