What can we do when we get "ssl_error_bad_mac_alert" while accessing clearpass using Firefox
When we try to access Clearpass using Firefox(version 28) we can see the below error message.
Issues reported caused by Firefox using some specific cipher suites that aren't supported properly by the server.
We can follow the below steps for resolving this issue.
- In the Firefox browser’s address field, type “about:config”
- Click on “I’ll be careful, I promise”
- Search for ‘security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_des_ede3_sha’
- This will be set to ‘true’ in the fourth column
- Change the value to ‘false’ by double clicking on fourth column
- Reload the browser.