This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

ACMA 6.3?

Hi,

Not sure if I did not check forum or Aruba website frequently enough or what. I am ready to schedule the ACMA 6.1 exam this morning on pearson vue website. But there shows ACMA 6.3 besides the 6.1... Am I outdated already even before taking the exam...?

So who has study guide for 6.3? Please share.

If I took the 6.1 exam now and passed it, will the certification show 6.1 on it OR simply just ACMA?

Thanks,

/S

10 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor I

Re: ACMA 6.3?

That is also my concern. I have attended the IAW 6.1 and get a free voucher for the exam. Is the voucher valid for ACMA 6.3? Until when will ACMA 6.1 be taken? The voucher indicates that it is valid until August 15, 2014.

Frequent Contributor I

I just did the 61 test this morning...I book the exam last Thursday since no one was replying me in time.

I got to utilize my exam preparation knowledge in some way.

I will see if I need to re-cert in next month or so :)

Occasional Contributor I

So hows the certificate does it state the version 6.1? Me too. I will take the 6.1 since I took the IAW 6.1 training. Hopefully it will be still available by next week. I hope someone enlighten us about this 6.3 and when 6.1 will still be available.
Frequent Contributor I

Do not think it will save the version on the final certificate. But we will see :)

Frequent Contributor I

Hi,

Pearson VUE has listed 6.1 and 6.3 for both ACMA and ACMP. The questions in 6.1 and 6.3 would be different so one should prepare accordingly.

And it won't be mentioned in the certification (if you are successful) about the versions (like ACMA/ACMP 6.1 or ACMA/ACMP 6.3) that you would appeared for.

I confirm the above information by experience :)

-

# ACMA/ACMP

# MCITP

Frequent Contributor I

Yes, the version number is not showing on the cert. I got mine which does not show 6.1 :)
Occasional Contributor II

I will be preparing for the ACMP 6.3 moving forward. It only makes sense IMO as I presume it will be testing on recent features that have been added (IPv6, Airgroup, probably some basic configuration of CPPM on the Aruba controller). Also our environment is currently running 6.3.

I'm still using the 6.1 Study Guide; however, just making sure I don't skip out on the stuff that I mentioned previously.

Occasional Contributor I

6.1 can't be taken anymore, of today it's expired.

Normally I should take this exam today 10 AM (ECT). I booked it last Friday for today and then it was still availablebut it was canceld yesterday late. So 3 days of study next to the bootcamp based on 6.1 down the drain.

For now 6.3 is the way to go. 

Danny

SE @ Dell
Networking Domain
Occasional Contributor II

Sorry to hear that, but I wouldn't say it's down the drain. I think you could maintain what you studied for 6.1 and include some of the stuff that is new to 6.3. I would say review 6.3 User Guide and really dive into the AirGroup section, the section on Centralized Licensing, and IPv6. IMO everything else if relatively the same.

I'm not sure when, or if, an official announcement (beside the on posted here) was ever released. Can anyone from Aruba provide more details to help us out. Specifically, a study guide to help us out, or a 6.1 to 6.3 transition guide. Doesn't make much sense to have the 6.1 study guide up if you can't take it anymore.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: