02-24-2010 05:36 AM
1. Use the Novell GINA with their novell servers. IP-based. No IPX.
2. Have new Dell laptops. They've updated the BIOS to try to fix our problem.
3. They've been using the Broadcom (Hon Hai is what the controller says) WLAN NIC cards. A/B/G/N cards.
4. We've been using the AP-125 with them, and it's been working fine.
5. We just swapped out the AP-125 with an AP-105, now they're experiencing blue-screens of death. XP clients, up-to-date on drivers and patches.
The only apparent change I've made is to swap the AP-125 for an AP-105. It's got me wondering if the chipset in the AP-105 is different enough to cause something like this to occur.
02-24-2010 07:22 AM
I've been running 184.108.40.206 for a couple of months now with no issues. Only change on my part was to swap the 125 for the 105.
Their Vista clients work fine. XP clients are the only ones with issues. I'm just sure it's a client issue, but very strange that the AP swap would do this.
02-24-2010 08:06 AM
If you're using the ZWC client, maybe try to install Juniper OAC on one to see if anything changes. You can get a 30-day trial copy here:
03-02-2010 06:40 AM
The client had been using the Intel supplicant, so I've asked them to try using the normal Windows supplicant to see if that makes any difference. We'll see... (I put the 105 back over with a test ESSID so we can do some troubleshooting)
03-02-2010 07:13 AM
XP/SP5 with Broadcom cards (new Dell laptops)
Novell GINA 4.91 client.
All patches applied to make everything current including wireless drivers from Dell
They've tried using the Intel supplicant and Windows supplicant. No difference. Still crashes with the AP-105. The AP-125 works just fine.
So... it sure looks to me like the chipset in the AP-105 is different enough that there's something on the client side just not liking it very well.
03-05-2010 01:15 PM
Unfortunately, you are using the Novell Client, which has issues of its own......
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base