Access Points

Contributor II

AP 105 Continual Reboot After IP Change

We recently installed 8 new 105's and they came up just fine under DHCP. I attempted to reconfigure one of the AP's with a static IP address. The config was installed successfully but now the AP continually reboots. I assumed that maybe there was something wrong with the AP or the wiring so I tried a second and then a third and all the AP's that I gave a static address are now continually rebooting. The AP's using DHCP are up and working and can be rebooted with no problem.

Any ideas?
Guru Elite

Re: AP 105 Continual Reboot After IP Change

Plug in the AP105 console port (no flow control, by the way) and press enter to stop it at apboot> prompt.

Type "printenv" and show us the output. Next, type "boot" and record the console output and paste it into here.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

As it turns out when the AP's were changed to static addressing the Master Discovery method was changed to Controller Name (aruba-master) well there wasn't any DNS entry for aruba-master:( after adding the DNS entry the AP's were able to find the master controller. All good now.
Guru Elite

glad to hear you figured it out.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: