Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

AP-105 Mounting kit

I know I'm just grumbling here, but... :-)

Has anyone fabricated a decent wall mount for an AP-105 so it'll mount horizontally? If so, any pics???

Now the grumbling... (sorry!) ... Sure would be good if Aruba could come up with a kit that would let us do that - unless they already have and I just don't know it.
Aruba Employee

Re: AP-105 Mounting kit

Hi Patrick,

You are looking for the AP-105-MNT kit, which gives you wall mounting and wall box mounting options. Make sure you get that model and not AP-105-MNT-C, which is the ceiling mount kit. You should be able to order this through your partner.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Guru Elite

Mount Kit Pics

I know I'm just grumbling here, but... :-)

Has anyone fabricated a decent wall mount for an AP-105 so it'll mount horizontally? If so, any pics???

Now the grumbling... (sorry!) ... Sure would be good if Aruba could come up with a kit that would let us do that - unless they already have and I just don't know it.

Mounting Kit PDF Attached

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

AP-105 wall mount kit

Most excellent! I'd not seen that one anywhere before! THANK YOU!
Contributor I

Seems to answer my question from earlier. I'm sure that instead of buying new, made to fit brackets, I'll be fashioning something out of old soup cans. Off to buy more soup....

That kit is designed for vertical wall mount. In your OP you said you want to mount the 105 horizontally (as if it were on a ceiling) but from a wall? We don't have a kit for that. But you could use the AP-105-MNT and an L-shaped piece to do what you need.
--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification
Contributor I

Looks like it would work to me. Big box behind AP. Side exit for cable. Yup.

BTW IF any kindly Aruba representative would send me one kit to show to the people who do the buying, I may not need to eat more soup. (See post above.)

AP105 horizontal mount - wall mount

The Wall mounting kit is good... but given that Aruba says that the AP105 is really meant to work best when mounted horizontally, the wall mount kit doesn't mount it horizontally, thereby making it sub-optimal. Yeah, it'll work. I know, I know.

(tic): How about a wall mount kit with a snorkel so I can position the darned thing however I want??? LOL
Aruba Employee

Keep in mind that the "wall mount kit" gives you a lot of options. I've used them for mounting horizontally on wood upper ceilings and wooden beams. Works very well. Also for mounting to other kinds of areas where obviously a T-grid wouldn't work.

Wall mounting the AP in a vertical fashion works well too, the point with caution is just to understand that in this configuration, it's not a traditional donut omni-pattern due to the downtilt in the antenna and the metal back of the AP itself. Still works very well in many situations, just a word of wisdom to not assume antenna patterns in that configuration.

AP-105 wall mounting

Thanks, Brian. Points well taken. I'll keep all of that in mind.

I've got a building on the "List of Historical Places", and it's got a plaster ceiling that we had to get a special lift to get to the mounting point in the first place, so it's just not a fun place to be.

I remember hearing about the metal backing in the 105, but didn't ring a bell for some reason. (tucking that one away in the memory cells!)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: