Access Points

Regular Contributor II

AP-125 Needs Reboot

Every month we have a generator test. Every month I have to reboot between 10-15 AP-125's. The AP's are all in different places of the building and the switches they are connected to have a UPs attached to it. Running Aruba OS 5.0.2.

Re: AP-125 Needs Reboot

John,

The APs should reboot themselves if they ever get into a state where they are not providing service. Aruba TAC may be able to help diagnose what is going on, best bet is to grab a set of logs from the controller when the APs are in this state and provide to Aruba TAC. To do this, go into the WebUI, the Maintenance tab, and click on "Copy Logs", select "Download Logs" and check "include tech-support information". Indicate to them which APs are "stuck" and we should be able to diagnose from there.

Regards,

Austin
Regular Contributor II

TAC could not find anything.
Guru Elite

Please make sure, if you can, that all of the access points are plugged in using ethernet 0.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

They are plugged into Eth0.

Would going up to either 5.0.3 or to 6 fix this issue? I only ask because this only started happening when we went to 5.0.2. We were running 3.3.2.22 without any issue.
Guru Elite

Jcameron,

I don't know what the issue is, so I cannot recommend that you upgrade. You should, however, plug a serial cable into a couple APs next time this happens so you can have a record of what is going on. Even for APs where this has already happened, getting the console output would get to the bottom of things. What kind of switch it it connected to? Is it possible that when all of the access points boot up at the same time, the switch is oversubscribed? Is there any way to see the power draw on the switch when these devices do not boot up?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: