Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

AP 125s randomly reboot

For a while now we've been experiencing a high number of APs that reboot with the message out of memory. We're running mainly 125s on 5.0.3.0. We originally saw this problem on 3.3 and were told it was fixed in 5.0.3.0. I have a tac case open, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem..
MVP

Re: AP 125s randomly reboot

Hi CCNPete,

Could you run the following command from the controller that the AP connects to:

show ap debug system-status ap-name "AP Name"

The top line should tell you "Reboot Information."

Can you post the top 10-15 lines of the output?

Thanks!

-Mike

I was seeing the same problem with my APs running 5.0.3.0. I just upgraded to 5.0.3.1 this morning. I will update if this helps any.
Aruba Employee

AP rebooting due to out-of-memory has been fixed in 5.0.3.1, can be referred using the 5.0.3.1 release notes on http://support.arubanetworks.com

Barath Srinivasan
Customer Engineering Architect
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks Inc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution", in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the replies. TAC has informed me that a fix has been provided in 5.0.3.1. I'm planning on upgrading early next week. I'll keep you posted...

We had lots of APs crashing and was advised this was fixed in 5.0.3.0. After the upgrade there were still a few crashing and we were told this would be fixed in 5.0.3.1. We upgraded last week and have only experienced 2 crashes so far (tech are looking into these 2). So it certainly did make a difference, but might not have solved all problems.

hi all,

How to update firmware for AP. Please guide me. Thanks very muxh
Guru Elite

You do not update the firmware in the access point. You update it in the controller and the controller will update the access points.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: