Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

AP-175 Point-to-Point Mesh

I've deployed Mesh Links in the past using AP-124's mounted inside with outdoor external antennas with good success. This time i'm installing a pair of AP-175's, one as a Mesh Portal and another as a Mesh Point over a distance of ~ 246 yards. The units are mounted on the rooftop of each building with clear line of site and no obstructions at all. I'm running the 5GHz band and using Aruba ANT-2x2-5614 external antennas. I have the link up and running but when testing throughput end to end performance is not good at all. The link quality values look good and I see radio connect speeds of 270/240. We've checked everything we could think of and cannot get the preformance over 5-7MB at best. Has anyone else used the AP-175 in a similar configuration and if so what were your results?
Guru Elite

Re: AP-175 Point-to-Point Mesh

There are quite a few considerations with outdoor setup, and it is best that you go through all the issues with support in realtime to ensure that this gets resolved quickly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: