Access Points

Frequent Contributor I

AP-65 failing upgrading flash

Hello,

I have an AP-65 which is not upgrading its flash (I think it was last booted on 3.4 but we're running 5.0 on this controller) -- it boots OK and then contacts the controller, where it discovers its flash image needs to be upgraded.

The status of the AP with 'show ap details ap-name ...' shows it as 'Upgrading' and that the 'Last activity' is now. The AP then sits there for a few minutes, presumably downloading the new image. But nothing further happens.

Looking at the console, while this is going on, the AP boots normally, displays all the OS boot messages, ending with:

---

wifi0: Base BSSID 00:1a:1e:b6:b6:e8, 8 available BSSID(s)
edev->dev_addr=00:1a:1e:c3:6b:6e
wifi0: AP type AP-65, radio 0, max_bssids 8
wifi0: Atheros 5312 WiSoC: mem=0xb8000000, irq=2
AR2313_REV8
wifi1: Base BSSID 00:1a:1e:b6:b6:e0, 8 available BSSID(s)
wifi1: AP type AP-65, radio 1, max_bssids 8
wifi1: Atheros 5312 WiSoC: mem=0xb8500000, irq=5
MTD do_erase_oneblock(): software timeout
~ # erase err
MTD do_erase_oneblock(): software timeout
erase err

---

The first MTD appears after a few minutes and the second a few minutes after that. I presume this is a failure to erase the old image.

I've tried breaking into the boot and doing a 'purge' / 'reset' but no joy. Seeing some other things on the forums, I've also tried "flash erase 0xbfc80000 0xbfc8ffff" (although I'm not sure which bit this erases) and still no dice.

is the AP just broken, or is there anything further I can do?

- Bob
Guru Elite

Re: AP-65 failing upgrading flash

This is a longshot, but try "clear os" at the apboot prompt. If that does not work, call support

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Re: AP-65 failing upgrading flash

I don't have a 'clear' command at the apboot prompt (either in the help, nor when I try it anyway).

This AP isn't covered by a support contract (we treat them as disposable assets) but maybe we can do something.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: