Access Points

New Contributor

AP Load Balancing

I have 3 ap's in a building and majority of the clients want to connect to the one ap that is the farthest away. I have rebooted the ap that all of the clients connect to but eventually majority of them will come back to that AP. Can anyone please help me with this issue? Thanks in advance.
Guru Elite

Re: AP Load Balancing

Clients choose what access point they connect to for a variety of reasons that are normally outside the control of the access points they connect to. There are things you can do like enable spectrum load balancing in the 802.11g or 802.11a radio profile to influence this, but ultimately the clients will choose what access points they connect to.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

AP Load Balancing

Which version of AOS are you using?

One parameter you can configure (with latest versions) is the 'local probe response threshold'. That will deter clients from connecting to far away APs.
Occasional Contributor II

In this case
I was the problem same
i don't know why client connect to far access point
Firmware of the controller is Software Version ArubaOS 6.1.1.0 (Digitally Signed - Production Build)
Occasional Contributor II

please tell me Where is the Function 'local probe response threshold'

i go to SSID Profile and saw "Local Probe Request Threshold (dB)"
but i don't see 'local probe response threshold'
Guru Elite

That is the parameter.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: