Access Points

New Contributor

AP Wired Profile and bridging

Hello. I've been experimenting with this for quite awhile this afternoon and feel like I'm missing something subtle.

I have a few AP-125's which have 2 enet ports. I'd like to, in some places, bridge these two ports together.

I've created a second-enet wired ap profile, setting it to access & bridge, but can't seem to get a laptop to connect to this enet1 port.

Is it possible to bridge these two ports so that traffic on enet1 is dumped onto the network via enet0?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun
Guru Elite

Re: AP Wired Profile and bridging

Hello. I've been experimenting with this for quite awhile this afternoon and feel like I'm missing something subtle.

I have a few AP-125's which have 2 enet ports. I'd like to, in some places, bridge these two ports together.

I've created a second-enet wired ap profile, setting it to access & bridge, but can't seem to get a laptop to connect to this enet1 port.

Is it possible to bridge these two ports so that traffic on enet1 is dumped onto the network via enet0?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

An AP125 needs either high-powered POE or a power adapter to bring up the second port.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I'm using a PowerDsine 9001G midspan injector which is rated as "high power" (30watts 802.11af/at).

In fact, I am able to get a physical link on enet1.

Is 30W not enough to bring up enet1?

Guru Elite

Definitely should be enough. What version of code? Bridging Ethernet to Ethernet is only supported from 6.x on...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

From show version:

Should be running the latest-greatest.

To review my configuration (which is sure to come under scrutiny soon, rightfully):

Configuration > AP Group > Edit "..." > AP > Ethernet interface 1 port configuration > Wired AP Profile
(I've created a new profile so I don't trod on the enet0 settings)

"second-enet":
Wired AP enable: X
Forward mode: bridge
Switchport mode: access
Access mode VLAN: (Tried several here, not sure where this vlan applies)
Trunk mode native VLAN: 1
Trunk mode allowed VLANS: 1-4094
Trusted: N/A
Broadcast: X

Regards,

Shaun

Guru Elite

Okay,

Make that wired profile "Untrusted" (uncheck trusted) and assign a AAA profile to it that has the role of "authenticated" as the initial role.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: