Access Points

New Contributor

AP105 - console settings

HI,

i am new to aruba , i have brand new AP105 , i am trying to console into it, can u please advice how to do it , what r the setting if i use hyperterminal.

regards
MMIke
Aruba Employee

Re: AP105 - console settings

Hi,

You probably don't really want to console in to the AP itself, it's not going to get you much. The settings though are 9600 8N1. You should take a look at the controller and deployment model VRD at http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd, that guide will help get you up to speed on how the system functions.

thanks,
-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
New Contributor

Thanks for the information , but i just wanna play around. controllers are not yet deployed...

i am still not getting anything , how make sure that i am using the correct COM port ..?
i have lights on the AP thr PoE , but when i monitor the POrts under device management , it doesnt changes even if i disconnect / connect the AP .

thx
Aruba Employee

There is only one com port on the AP. If you connect the terminal and then power on the AP you'll see the information scroll by, it doesn't take long to go by so you need to be connected from the start. You aren't going to be able to do extensive configuration of the AP, the controller handles that.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
New Contributor

Thx , finally i see DHCP requests from AP..

thx a lot for the help , now how i can program this AP105 in standalone mode , so that i can use it for initial site survey using portable Power suppply attached to it.

switch this lwapp to autonomous mode

i wanna place this AP within my facility to see the RF coverage and site survey planning.
Aruba Employee

These are not stand alone devices, that's what I was referring to earlier, they require a controller to be up and operating. The only way is to set it up in the manner you want is to setup the AP as a remote AP with an always on SSID and static power/channel. This requires you to first connect it to a controller and provision the AP.

Please take some time and read through the controller and deployment model VRD at http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd which will help you understand the architecture.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Aruba

AP105 - console settings

Mike,

Sure let's discuss when I am onsite on Wednesday with you . We can make
some of your APs standalone capable to 'match' the one I was bringing in
for the survey.

Hope that works,

Jason