Access Points

Occasional Contributor I

AP105 radio lights

I have recently taken over as the wireless administrator at our place. I have a location that has complained about performance. I got to the facility and noticed that all the AP's have both radio lights as amber. I can see the SSID so the radio is working but I'm obviously expecting both lights to be green. I've changed the VAP to a known working and the lights turn green. I've looked through the configuration and compared to others and can't find the problem. I feel I'm obviously not looking in the right spot.

Any hints?
Guru Elite

Re: AP105 radio lights

The WLAN would be Amber if any WLAN is broadcasting a non-802.11n SSID.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

checked

I have checked the Advanced Services > All Profile Management > Wireless LAN > SSID Profile for both a working and a non-working SSID and the High-throughput SSID Profile for both is set to default.

Did I miss a setting somewhere else?
Guru Elite

All profiles just shows a list of profiles. You need to see profiles structured as they are configured:

configuration> wireless> AP configuration. Edit the AP-group that your access points are in and look in Wireless LAN> Virtual AP> SSID profile> HT SSID profile.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I've been through that also and it's the same.
Guru Elite

Okay, what WLANs do you have and what is the encryption on each?

Type show ap essid, and it will yell you.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

ESSID Summary
-------------
ESSID APs Clients VLAN(s) Encryption
----- --- ------- ------- ----------
WLAN1 76 5 217 WPA2 8021X AES
WLAN2 77 106 111 Open
WLAN3 12 3 216 Dynamic WPA
WLAN4 1 0 217 Static WPA

WLAN's 1&2 exhibit green radio lights
WLAN's 3&4 exhibit amber radio lights
Guru Elite

Right. The only supported ciphers for 802.11n is open and aes. If any other encryption types are broadcast on a radio, the radio will be amber to indicate that. 802.11n is still in use and working on the other SSIDs.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: