Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

AP125 got unapproved-factory-cert

Dear all,
Our controller gave a notification that there are 4 unapproved APs in our system.
Upon looking into the Campus AP whitelist, I found out that those 4 got Status: "unapproved-factory-cert". Some others got "certificed-hold-factory-cert".
as well

1. If it's unapproved APs, does the system allow it to serve users (I try to look at the status of those AP and all are active ?)
2. How can I solved the problem of "unapproved-factory-cert" and "certified-hold-factory-cert" ?

Please note that we used to enable "Control Plane Security" --> Auto Cert Provisioning.

Thanks for the help.
Guru Elite

Re: AP125 got unapproved-factory-cert

Dear all,
Our controller gave a notification that there are 4 unapproved APs in our system.
Upon looking into the Campus AP whitelist, I found out that those 4 got Status: "unapproved-factory-cert". Some others got "certificed-hold-factory-cert".
as well

1. If it's unapproved APs, does the system allow it to serve users (I try to look at the status of those AP and all are active ?)
2. How can I solved the problem of "unapproved-factory-cert" and "certified-hold-factory-cert" ?

Please note that we used to enable "Control Plane Security" --> Auto Cert Provisioning.

Thanks for the help.

Please try deleting the entry in the whitelist and rebooting the AP.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response
I did try to remove the APs from the whitelist & reboot them but the problem still the same. Please note that at the moment, I already disable "Control Plane Security".

Should I enable "Control Plane Security" & wipe out the flash on those APs so that it can download a fresh copy of certificate on the controller?

Thanks,
Peter
Guru Elite

You should be able to change it to Approved Factory Cert if you had control plane security on...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base