Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

APs for site survey

We want to use some 125s for a site survey, however threre is no controller on site. What can be done to bring up RF and SSID?
Aruba Employee

Re: APs for site survey

If you aren't already on site and have RAP licenses on your controller you can setup the APs with an operation mode of 'always' on VAP and forwarding mode set to 'bridge' traffic. This will allow the VAP to come up without needing the tunnel and should get you what you want.

thanks,
-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Contributor II

If you aren't already on site and have RAP licenses on your controller you can setup the APs with an operation mode of 'always' on VAP and forwarding mode set to 'bridge' traffic. This will allow the VAP to come up without needing the tunnel and should get you what you want.

thanks,
-awl

So can we say that in this way Aruba AP can function as FAT AP as situation needs provided with Controller required only initial ap provision.

-shafi
Guru Elite

Site Survey with Standalone AP

Attached is an unfinished document about configuring an Aruba AP to do site surveys without a controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

It's not a complete solution at that point, many of the finer points of the system such as dynamic authentication and security components are handled by the controller. This mode was designed as a backup to keep a site functional if the controller becomes unreachable for whatever reason. It has a side benefit of allowing you to do site surveys, but I wouldn't choose to deploy in this manner.

-awl

Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
New Contributor

Site Survey with Stand Alone AP

Andy & Crew,

Thanks for the info. Our current solution is to carry an A200 around with the APs for site survey with a battery that powers both the controller & the AP. Using RAP in "always" mode looks like a good option for us the check.

Steve Baker
Principal Engineer,
Welch Allyn

Site survey ap

HI all just tried this RAP config.

Config gets pushed to the AP in My case an AP-65 and broadcasts the SSID but the AP reboots after about 5 Mins tried with another AP 65 same thing.
Purged both AP's and tried again same thing happening AP comes up broadcasts SSID then reboot one thing I have noticed is the b/g LED and WLAN LED are both Dim.
Am I missing something ?

Regards.
Guru Elite

Static ip address

Did you configure the RAP with a static IP address?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

site survey ap

Hi Colin yes we did from the provisioning page do we need to do this manuall i.e SOE into the AP and configure it through the setenv ?

Cheers

Site-survey update

Hi

we have re-tested this with 3.3.1.23 code and it works absolutely fine the AP stays up and broadcasts the site-survey SSID.

Revert Back to Code version 3.4.0.7 the config seems to be pushed to the AP but the AP65,60 will reboot after about 3-4 mins must be a bug in that version of code
:rolleyes:
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: