Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

APs showing up as "denied" in controller DB.

I have a 3200 controller an I am trying to playing around with 6.0 beta, but all of the APs are showing up as "denied" by the controller. Any ideas what I am missing? Playing with 105s & 125s. Have purged them but no joy. I have been running the 6.0 beta code on another lab controller (upgrade testing controller) and have had no problems. Just seems to happen on the "new" controller.

Re: APs showing up as "denied" in controller DB.

My guess is that you have CPsec turned on and have not put the APs into the whitelist. CPsec is on by default starting in 6.0.

BTW beta feedback should not go on Airheads Online, so if you have specific questions or comments about 6.0 features make sure you use the appropriate email address for those.
---
Jon Green, ACMX, CISSP
Security Guy
Occasional Contributor II

Re: APs showing up as "denied" in controller DB.

You are absolutely right, and I posted to this forum by accident. Up late trying to get the post off before switching gears.

CPsec is on by default starting with 5.0. That was not the problem. The controller had a license corruption issue. I pulled out another new controller I have and did not have the same issue.

J
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: