Access Points

New Contributor

Adding Aruba 651 to 3400

Pretty easy I am sure, but looking for some documentation and/or advice from similar need. I am sure it is quite common.

I have a 651 still in the box at remote site, and a 3400 deployed at HQ.

Due to b/w limitations, Remote site (651) will need to communicate with 3400 master, but remote site will use its own Internet connection. I can nat both controllers and poke hole in firewall to allow to sync configs as needed or should I set an IPSec tunnel (similar to Raps) to allow only config sync.

Should I set firewall (or IPSEC) and discover remote controller via master (hq) or should I bring the remote controller to HQ and discover remote inside hq LAN - of course changing ip to correct remote network scheme when back at remote?

Can I set the default route on a 651 to ensure Inet traffic goes out proper route and not through HQ via master.
Guru Elite

Re: Adding Aruba 651 to 3400

How is the remote site connected? Site to Site VPN or private WAN? If it is either, just give the 600 controller an ip address at the remote site and make it a local to the master at the main site. That will allow it to get the WLAN configuration from the main controller. On the 600 your routing table should have static routes for your internal networks pointing to a router internally. The default gateway should then point to a router headed to the internet.

This is really a generalization on how you should approach this. The specifics, of course may not follow this exactly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Not a Site to Site - just using WAN

It's not a site to site, simply going over WAN.

What ports should I allow via the FW ACL on both ends to allow the 651 to communicate with 3400 (master). I am assuming 4500 like the RAPS?

Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: Adding Aruba 651 to 3400

Yes, UDP 4500 for between the firewalls. If the clients on that side will be communicating to the headend, you need to allow all that traffic, as well...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: