Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

Alcatel vs Aruba APs

We have an Alcatel controller. It was put in place before I got to this job. We currently use AP65 APs. I would like to move to AP105 APs. We were unable to get the Alcatel AP105 so I ordered an Aruba one and it works great. It was also quite a bit cheaper. Does anyone out there now if there is any difference in the two? I finally got the Alcatel ones and there does not appear to be any difference at all other than a sticker on the front. I use this site for help on my Alcatel controller and have found no difference in anything other than the stickers.

Thanks,
Mark
Guru Elite

Difference

They are mechanically the same.

Where you will run into trouble is support. You will have to call Alcatel for trouble with Alcatel parts and Aruba for Aruba parts. I have seen a number of people do this and while technically possible, when there are issues, support will not help you troubleshoot parts connected to parts from another manufacturer.

Watch out.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Alcatel vs Aruba APs

Thanks for the input. The cost saving is in the 10's of thousands. It is a tough decision.

Mark
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: