Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

Ap's not talking to controller

hi,

i have 34 AP's on a 3600 controller all spread over 4 POE switches and all 4 ports on the controller channelled togther on 1 Vlan

i seam to be getting a random probley where some ap's (not allways the same ones) do not find the controller for a very long time (2 hrs ) or atall

all ap's are on DHCP and there is a DNS lookup to aruba -master
the odd thing is that some of the ap's that are not finding the controller oare on the same POE switch as working ones

any thoughts

thanks colin

Re: Ap's not talking to controller

i forgot to say that all this is currentley in a tempory building and power is shutdown every night
Guru Elite

When do these APs have this problem, during startup? Are these enterprise POE switches? Is it possible that they are oversubscribed when they start up? There are a number of variables in here.

The big question is, when did these problems start? Did it ever work? What change was made that coincided with the problems?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

the problem dose seam to happen during startup if i power cycle the ap later in all workes
the problem has been there since day 1
the switches are HP procurve 2620-poe thay are getting replaced for the 1 gig modle but thay have plenty of power in them as the ap's are balanced accross the 3 of them
Guru Elite

You should plug into the console of the access points that do not work to see what they are doing. If you need immediate assistance with this, you should open a support case, because on the forum, we are dealing with limited information due to privacy concerns...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: