Access Points

Contributor I

Aruba 105 Hot...

This could be normal operation as one wouldn't generally have the AP in from of them, but I have a 105 in my office for testing purposes powered by a Black Box PoE gigabit injector and the unit is extremely hot.

Reference: http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Detail.aspx/802-3af-PoE-Gigabit-Injector-1-Port/LPJ001A%C4%82F

It's hardly under any load at all. Normal?
Aruba

Aruba 105 Hot...

It's typical to be warm, yes, however hot...no ;) By Warm I mean the temperature the outside of a coffee mug might get to after boiling water has been put into it, left for say 1 minute and then thrown out. You will agree, hardly hot...

I have several AP-105s on short runs, including some on power injectors... should not matter... the AP-105 will want to draw < 13Watts in these scenarios, which should not heat it to a point where its 'extremely hot'.
Contributor I

Re: Aruba 105 Hot...

Ha! Great analogy to the coffee! Yes, the temp is comparable to a freshly poured cup of coffee into a mug. Seems normal then to you, huh?

I just always run on a "cooler the better" mentality, so was surprised at it being so warm (I guess not hot).

So appreciate the response!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: