Access Points

Aruba Employee

Bulk AP deployment

When doing a AP deployment (not RAP) several months ago, I saw my list of new APs, selected them all and hit the provision button. I remember getting an error that if I provision more than one AP at a time certain features like triangulation may not work.

I can't find any documentation regarding this, but what exactly was that error referring to? Does it mean that if you provision more than one at a time, AMP won't be able to triangulate user positions?
Contributor I

Re: Bulk AP deployment

I believe it is warning against mass provisioning APs with external antennas as antenna configurations may vary.
Guru Elite

Fqln

When doing a AP deployment (not RAP) several months ago, I saw my list of new APs, selected them all and hit the provision button. I remember getting an error that if I provision more than one AP at a time certain features like triangulation may not work.

I can't find any documentation regarding this, but what exactly was that error referring to? Does it mean that if you provision more than one at a time, AMP won't be able to triangulate user positions?

You can only provision access points of the same model together (The AP Wizard in ArubaOS 3.4 removes that restriction). The message is pointing out that when you are provisioning all those APs together, you are either (1) Removing the Fully-Qualified-Location-Name (FQDN) that specifies campus, building, floor or (2) You are setting the FQDN for all those APs to be the same thing. If you are removing FQDN info, those APS will not show up on any maps, period. Since you are setting the FQDN to be the same for all those APs you are provisioning, they better be on the same floor, or else triangulation will not work properly on the built-in RF planning tool on the Aruba Controller. The FQDN parameter on each AP is ignored in Airwave, and is not affected by this.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Bulk AP deployment

Oh, I got ya, that makes sense. I don't set any FQDN info as I use Airwave's VisualRF for planning, mapping, and location. So, it looks like I can just ignore that message.

Thanks for the info...
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: