Access Points

AF
Occasional Contributor I

Bulk reading of AP Provisioning settings

I am current auditing a series of master/local installations and I am looking for an easy way to pull the current set of AP provision settings from a set of active AP’s (ie Authentication method set (eg IPSEC/POE user name) , Master discovery settings, IP settings etc) via some form of suitable script...

The aim is to create a spread sheet with AP Serial number, Name, Mac Address, AP Group, Provisioning characteristics etc) is there anything readily available which can be used ?
Guru Elite

Re: Bulk reading of AP Provisioning settings

If you make a spreadsheet of "show ap active" output, the first column will be the AP-name. You can use that column to make the last column of a spreadsheet that just have "show ap provisioning ap-name " and paste that text file into a controller. That might give you the output you want.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

AF
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the pointer it gives the info I after, the bad news that only works for APs connected to the actual switch you are connected to eg

show ap provisioning ap-name CHSE-AP-Conf-26
AP is not registered with this switch

I have tried using ap-name and Ip-addr

I want to track down to the local switches connected AP's which the master knows about from the master switch....

I can see what I want of the local's AP's via the GUI from the masters, but I do not really want to do that for 100s of AP's, or connecting to each local switch in turn.
Guru Elite

If an AP is in the output of "show ap active", it will be on the switch that you run the show ap provisioning command. Or, like you said, you can run it on the master controller.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Colin,

Are you suggesting that you can run 'show ap' commands on the master controller for an AP which is connected to a local controller?

Cheers,
-Jeff

Guru Elite

I am not correct about that.

What you can do is use the "show ap database switch status up" on the master controller and it will ONLY show you access points registered to an individual switch that are up. You can then run the "show ap provision " on each local switch from that output. Unfortunately, you will be connecting to each local switch to do this, but it will only be once via the commandline.

You cannot run the show ap provisioning command from the master if the AP is not terminating on that switch.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation; that matches with what I've seen happen. (perhaps I'll submit a RFE for this).

-Jeff
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: