Access Points

Occasional Contributor I

Connecting AP124 to AP-ANT-17 and provisioning

I am connecting and provisioning my first ap124 with a external antenna. Since I cannot find any documentation I thought I would try this forum. What gain values should the 5ghz and 2.4ghz radio be set to on the controller? Since this is a mimo antenna and mimo radio, what connectors should each be connected to?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you!
Tom
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Connecting AP124 to AP-ANT-17 and provisioning

I think all three elements in the antenna are the same, so you can connect any of them to any connector on the 124 (don't quote me on that, though).

The gain values (according to the datasheet) are 6dBi for 2.4GHz and 5dBi for 5GHz. Datasheet here:
http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/ap-ant-17_ss.pdf

For your own edification, there's a KB article explaining which connectors on the 124 correspond to which radio/chain. Article # is 998.
Occasional Contributor I

I did find the chain info on regarding the AP124, but nothing on the ap-ant-17. But then again other then the info on the datasheet that you posted, I cannot find anything about the antenna. I cannot seem to get much of a sign from this ant, with it facing out of a window and me being directly across the street... Our last system had no problems with signal strength across the street. Is there a stronger mimo antenna?
Occasional Contributor II

Hard to say without knowing more. A few questions:

- What system were you using before? What AP/antenna/txpower?
- How far, roughly, is "across the street"?
- What is the AP's current txpower?
- How is your antenna mounted/pointed? Is it mounted in the same way as the previous antenna?

As far as alternative antennas, there's the AP-ANT-18 (7.5/7.5dBi, 60° sector) and the AP-ANT-93 (14dBi 5GHz PTP antenna), but if you're just crossing a small street, the ANT-17 should work...
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: