Access Points

Contributor II

DFS support on AP65s

I'm a little unclear on the DFS support on the AP65s. Looking at the AP matrix (http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/matrix-access-point.pdf) the AP65 is listed as supporting DFS, but a note says that it requires a software upgrade. I'm running 3.4.2.0. Does that version of AOS include the necessary software upgrade? Right now my network is entirely based on AP-65s, but I'm starting to roll out 802.11n with some AP-105s, so the extra channel space afforded by the UNI-II band will be very helpful.
Guru Elite

DFS Support

Jefferson,

I do not think any non-802.11n access points (AP61,65,70) will support DFS.

The extra channel support is great to have, but very few clients support it at this time.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: DFS support on AP65s

Have you seen problems with the UNI-II band? Every client I've looked at supports that band. I'm aware of significant client issues with the UNI-II Extended band though.

Aruba Employee

Colin is right. No "legacy" Aruba AP will support DFS. Only the AP-120 series and the AP105 and anything newer released in the future will support DFS. AP-120 series is already certified.

The technical answer is... the code is written, and can be implemented if it's ever needed, but so far there have been so few clients that can take advantage of it that we haven't pulled that trigger. Any code checkin obviously carries a risk of bugs and instability, so we like to avoid that when it's not absolutely required.
---
Jon Green, ACMX, CISSP
Security Guy
Guru Elite

Client Support for UNI-II Band

If you have a list of clients that support the UNI-II channels that you are willing to share, we'd appreicate it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

UNI-II Client Support

I haven't made a list. I've spot checked a bunch of our clients and they've been able to support it. (The one I have sitting in front of my is an Intel 4965 which supports UNI-II.) Additionally a bunch of my sister schools in our University consortium have enabled the UNI-II band w/o problems.

Contributor II

DFS on AP-105

So the AP105 doesn't support it? The product matrix lists it as having DFS support without any footnotes. Any ETA on when that support will be added? Without it you are limited to 40 40-MHz channels which is pretty tight.

Update: I of course meant *4* 40-Mhz channels, not 40.

Contributor II

Thanks.

Thanks that helps clarify the statement in the product matrix.

Aruba Employee

I need to check. Considering how new the AP105 is.......

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: