Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

Disabling Port E1 on RAP2?

Hi All,

I want to disable the E1 port completely, I've tried ticking the "Shut down?" box in the AP Config -> AP -> Ethernet Interface 1 Port Configuration - But this doesn't actually seem to do anything?

Is there somewhere else I should be disabling E1?
Guru Elite

Re: Disabling Port E1 on RAP2?

In the "Wired AP profile", one step below the Ethernet Port configuration, there is a checkbox called "Wired AP enable". If it is unchecked, that port will be shut down.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Colin,

I have noticed that option and also that it's used when enabling the port for use generally, it is currently unticked but I am wondering/looking for a way of a device being plugged in to it not acknowledging that it is plugged in, for example, plugging it in to a cisco router and the port staying down.
Guru Elite

The RAP2 does not have auto MDIX, so use a crossover when plugging it into a Cisco router, or even a Cisco VOIP phone.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Colin,

That is good to know thanks, but I think perhaps my point did not come across correctly. I want to completely shut down E1 on the RAP2, so if a device is plugged in to it, the device thinks it cable is unplugged. This may seem unusual I know, but it's a temporary measure until the device is configured, then we want to remotely enable the port.
Guru Elite

If wired AP is uncheked, it will not allow any devices to be plugged into it, and the link will not come up.

Sorry for not understanding you.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: