Access Points

Contributor I
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-10-2011

External Antennas, APs and you.

How-dee all,

So I have a bunch of RG-58 cable that I wanna chop up in to short lengths using both N-Type and RP-SMA connectors.
The question that I have is, do all of the APs that use RP-SMA connectors have a male end on them? I just need to know if I need to make M-M as well as M-F cables.

Your knowledge about M and F parts are sought after in this thread.
Lemme know if you can help!

Thanks everyone!
Posts: 760
Registered: ‎05-31-2007

External Antennas, APs and you.


If you are using indoor access points, then yes they are using RP-SMA connectors. If you are using our outdoor APs you will see N connectors.

I'll follow-up with you off list as to the background on this.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: