Occasional Contributor II

How to... setup AM??

Ok.. I'm a bit stumped here...

I haven't done any major design changed sense we setup our Aruba controllers back in the 2.x days.

It seems like the way you setup Air Monitors have changed.. and I can't seem to figure it out - and the Arbua documentation doesn't seem to help.

How does one config an AP to run in dedicated monitor mode?

Thanks...
Aruba Employee

Re: How to... setup AM??

In 3.x and higher, you would click on Configuation > AP Configuration > New (to create a new AP group). Then click on Edit (beside the AP group you just created) > RF Management > 802.11a radio profile. Click on "Save As" and assign a new name to the radio profile. Then, change Mode to AM-mode. Then, do the same thing for the 802.11g radio profile. Make sure you rename the profiles so that you don't change something that is already in use.

Once you have the AP group made and the RF proflies are set to AM mode, re-provision the APs you want to be dedicated AMs and place them in the new group.

Thanks!

Hmm.. I must be pushing an invalid config down to my AP.. it keeps rebooting..

Do AMs need a Virtual AP config, or just the RF config you mentioned?
Aruba Employee

No VAP config is necessary. Can you plug in a console cable to the AP? If it is an older AP (60,61,65, or 70), you will need the Y console cable adapter. If it is a newer AP (92,93,105,124 or 125), you can use a standard rolled over console cable. The console output should tell us why it is rebooting.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: