Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

IAP-105 giving very slow speeds

I just setup one IAP-105 in my office, we only have about max 8 people using it at any given time. All the lights are green on the device, I have it setup with a guest network and employee with wpa-2 enterprise using an external radius server.

Everyone is experiencing extremely slow speeds.. It takes 5 mins to move a 1meg file from a share drive to desktop. I run speedtest.net and only get .44 down speed.

I don't really understand. Are there 2 many people connected to it?
Guru Elite

Re: IAP-105 giving very slow speeds

Are your wired and wireless clients in the same subnet? That is not recommended, because wireless clients back off in the presence of broadcasts.

Are you using Broadcast filter ARP and Broadcast Filter All in the Virtual AP profile for that SSID?
Can you try that?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I don't see the exact settings you are referring to in my control panel. But under Settings\ARM I have:

Band steering mode: Balance Bands
Airtime Fairness mode: Fair Access
Customize Valid Channels: Unchecked
Min transmit power: 18
Max transmit power: Max

Settings\IDS

Classification: Valid/rogue
Rogue Containment: Disabled
Containment method: None

I do have wired and wireless clients on the same subnet, but they always have been since before we had aruba. I just had a little netgear home router and everyone ran smoothly on it. As of right now I have 7 people connected to the iap-105 and people can barely work.

Thanks!
Frequent Contributor II

Are your wired and wireless clients in the same subnet? That is not recommended, because wireless clients back off in the presence of broadcasts.

Are you using Broadcast filter ARP and Broadcast Filter All in the Virtual AP profile for that SSID?
Can you try that?

Hi Colin,

I am not seeing the broadcast filter settings you mention. Can you elaborate?

Thanks
Guru Elite

I don't see the exact settings you are referring to in my control panel. But under Settings\ARM I have:

Band steering mode: Balance Bands
Airtime Fairness mode: Fair Access
Customize Valid Channels: Unchecked
Min transmit power: 18
Max transmit power: Max

Settings\IDS

Classification: Valid/rogue
Rogue Containment: Disabled
Containment method: None

I do have wired and wireless clients on the same subnet, but they always have been since before we had aruba. I just had a little netgear home router and everyone ran smoothly on it. As of right now I have 7 people connected to the iap-105 and people can barely work.

Thanks!

Okay. I misread that you had an IAP-105. There is no drop broadcast setting on an IAP. I am incorrect.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I would recommend opening a support case. Those speeds are extremly low and you should be doing better. 8 users is not a lot. There are a number of different things to check including channel congestion, AP mounting, AP placement, etc.

Where do I open a support case? I don't think it has anything to do with placement. Because those are the speeds I get when I am standing right next to it :(

You can create cases online by clicking on the 'Access Cases via Customer Portal' link in the bottom right of this page:
http://support.arubanetworks.com/

Or the link below has all of the contact information for Aruba Support.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/aruba-support-program/contact-support/
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: