Access Points

New Contributor

IAP-93 error after attempted conversion to managed AP

I attempted to convert an IAP-93 to a managed AP but after the conversion, the AP continually reboots. Connecting to the console port shows the repeating error:

ifconfig: br0: error fetching interface information: Device not found
[: closing paren expected
[: closing paren expected

I've tried clearing the OS, and as a last resort I performed a factory_reset - no change. My next step is to upgrade the OS but I can't find any documentation on the CLI.

Anybody else run into this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Guru Elite

Re: IAP-93 error after attempted conversion to managed AP

Pleae open a tac case for that.... or use the reset button.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Where is the reset button on the AP-93? I had an issue with an AP-93 the other day and was providing phone support to the on-site "tech guy." As the AP is mounted on the ceiling, I was only able to get as far as verifying the cable was plugged into the correct port on the AP and back on the controller.

Aruba Employee

The Aruba Instant AP models have a reset button. The traditional controller based APs do not have this reset button. The reset button on Instant is used to clear the config as well as restore an Instant AP that has previously been upgraded to work with a controller back to it's Instant software load.

Regular Contributor I

Thanks. I guess I didn't see that IAP in the OP.

I just wanted to make sure. I didn't see one on the AP-93, nor in the documentation. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything that would save me from opening a tech visit, or a drive out there myself.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: