Access Points

Occasional Contributor I

Interfering AP detected...

The log on my Aruba controllers is filling up with the following type of entry:

Interfering AP detected with SSID and BSSID

I'm getting 2 to 3 entries like this per second from a handful of my Aruba devices. Most of the "interfering" devices are cisco APs on our network. I am seeing that a lot of the wireless clients are constantly flipping between two or three APs in an area resulting in some weird connectivity issues.
Do I need to enable the "mode aware ARM" setting on the AP profiles? Will it do any good since the interferance is mostly from Cisco APs?
Guru Elite

Interfering APs

The log on my Aruba controllers is filling up with the following type of entry:

Interfering AP detected with SSID and BSSID

I'm getting 2 to 3 entries like this per second from a handful of my Aruba devices. Most of the "interfering" devices are cisco APs on our network. I am seeing that a lot of the wireless clients are constantly flipping between two or three APs in an area resulting in some weird connectivity issues.
Do I need to enable the "mode aware ARM" setting on the AP profiles? Will it do any good since the interferance is mostly from Cisco APs?

Drivert,

Interfering APs are access points that Aruba sees in the Air. Are the Cisco APs advertising the same SSIDs that the Aruba APs are? If that is the case and clients can hear both, you most likely will have issues down the line. If you must maintain both sets of APS, make sure that they cannot hear each other, and the clients cannot hear both at the same time. That is why you may have your wierd connectivity issues you mention. Is there a need to maintain both?

Do not Enable Mode Aware ARM. It will not help you in this situation. You need to segregate your APS.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: