Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to re-image an AP-105 to IAP-105?

Hi there,

I read that Aruba Instant can be re-imaged as an 802.11n campus AP and migrate to a centralised Mobility Controller architecture ....etc.

My question is: can I go the other way from a normal (campus) AP, eg. AP-105, to an Aruba Instant IAP-105?

Any idea?

Regards

Kenneth Tai
Aruba

Is it possible to re-image an AP-105 to IAP-105?

No.

The IAP-105 is special hardware (there is a reset button that a regular/vanilla AP-105 does not have). It can change from Instant and Controller based mode (and back again).

A regular AP-105 cannot change its spots ;)
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Is it possible to re-image an AP-105 to IAP-105?

Thanks for the reply.

But it seems to me that the “Instant AP” runs the “Instant AP image”. So I’m thinking to boot an AP-105 with a serial cable attached and then break to the prompt. From there, I should be able to “updrade os” to load the “Instant AP image”.

I understand that a vanilla AP-105 does not have a RESET button at the back. But will it simply take and run the "Instant AP image" if I force it to?

Regards
Guru Elite

Thanks for the reply.

But it seems to me that the “Instant AP” runs the “Instant AP image”. So I’m thinking to boot an AP-105 with a serial cable attached and then break to the prompt. From there, I should be able to “updrade os” to load the “Instant AP image”.

I understand that a vanilla AP-105 does not have a RESET button at the back. But will it simply take and run the "Instant AP image" if I force it to?

Regards

It will not do that, no.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

It's worth noting the IAP 105 has more memory in order to support the different code and functions required. An AP 105 isn't meant to run the IAP code because of that.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: