Access Points

Occasional Contributor II

RAP-2WG won't stay connected to master

I have 2 RAP-2WGs that we received back from a client who could not get them to stay connected to their master controller. I was able to get them connected to our own controller, so I must assume the RAPs are ok and something in their controller is off. Here is what I know about their controller and what is happening when I try provisioning the RAPs:

The MACs are white listed in the controller, UDP port 4500 is open and a Virtual AP group exists for these RAPs.
When I point the RAPs at the client's controller, they initially connect to the controller successfully but then when they reboot, they do not reconnect. The WAN light never turns on and the Status light is blinking. I have tried factory defaulting them and re-provisioning them 3 or 4 times with the same results. There is no error message during this process, they simply do not reconnect to the master controller after rebooting. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Guru Elite

Re: RAP-2WG won't stay connected to master

Do you even see them attempting to connect to the master when they reboot? "show datapath session table | include 4500"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: