Access Points

MVP

RAP-5WG on 6.1.2.2 controller?

The releasenotes mention that if the RAP-5 is using rn firmware we need to update that firmware first in v 5.0.3.x before upgrading the controller to v6.1.2.x.

Now what if my customer is already runnign 6.1.2.2 before adding the RAP-5WG to its network? Do I need to find a 5.0.3.x controller to run the flash upgrade?
Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Guru Elite

Re: RAP-5WG on 6.1.2.2 controller?

The releasenotes mention that if the RAP-5 is using rn firmware we need to update that firmware first in v 5.0.3.x before upgrading the controller to v6.1.2.x.

Now what if my customer is already runnign 6.1.2.2 before adding the RAP-5WG to its network? Do I need to find a 5.0.3.x controller to run the flash upgrade?

Yes, but it is a one time event. Fortunately, we are not shipping any more with that firmware, even though there are some out there. The issue is that the "RN" code had a fixed amount of code that it would download via Zero Touch provisioning. ArubaOS 6.1.2.1 finally exceeded that code limitation, so if you try to Zero-Touch provision an AP with the RN code on it to the 6.1.2.1 code and above, it will ot work.. If you have a controller on ArubaOS 5.x and terminate that AP on it, you should do the apflash procedure so that it can get a new Zero Touch code that does not have that limitation. This is a one-time process..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Hey guys,

We are having the same issue. We received our RAP-5WG's last week with the old firmware and we are currently running ArubaOS 6.1.2.1

I have a question: I noticed under Maintenance --> Image Management that we have ArubaOS 5.0.2.0 installed on Partition 1 and under the boot parameters I have the option to select the boot partition - See attachments. In this case, are we able to boot to Partition 1, perform the apflash procedure, and switch back to Partition 0 without completely breaking anything?

Let me know.
Thanks.
Aruba

Thanks Chris.

We can run through the procedure later this week so all bases are covered.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: