Access Points

New Contributor

Remote AP 60 and 65 not reaching the master

We have been fighting an issue with our remote sites in which no local controllers reside. From what I have read this issue is resolved with the newer AP125 and others. However, we have noticed that if we connect an AP to a switch in our network behind a router of a site that does not have a local controller, the AP is not seen by the master and the AP does not register to the master.
From what research and testing I have done I have come to the conclusion that this is related to the DHCP settings on the network. I have found reference to option 43 and option 60 but cannot find any definitive documentation on how they should be set or what parameters to set.
I have both windows DHCP servers as well as some Cisco routers acting as DCP servers.
Does anyone know where the documentation for these parameters might be found?
Guru Elite

Re: Remote AP 60 and 65 not reaching the master

Information on how to setup DHCP options on Windows servers for AP discovery are in Appendix A of the ArubaOS User Guide. It is also located here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=8954

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thanks

The documentation was perfect, we have now solved an issue that has dogged us for some time. Great information.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: