Access Points

New Contributor

Remote-AP Operation always in local LAN

Hi,

I have a problem related to a configuration with a MC 3200 and 5 local AP configured as RAP in always mode. Clients associate correctly but sometimes they lose connectivity with the LAN, although the wi-fi is connected.
The RAPs associate correctly with the controller (they have the MC address as gw).
The issue happens quite often.
NOTE: If the clients in in DHCP, they can't renew the address. If the are static, they don't respond to ping for a couple of minutes.
Please help!!!!
thanks
Guru Elite

What mode

Hi,

I have a problem related to a configuration with a MC 3200 and 5 local AP configured as RAP in always mode. Clients associate correctly but sometimes they lose connectivity with the LAN, although the wi-fi is connected.
The RAPs associate correctly with the controller (they have the MC address as gw).
The issue happens quite often.
NOTE: If the clients in in DHCP, they can't renew the address. If the are static, they don't respond to ping for a couple of minutes.
Please help!!!!
thanks

What is the forward mode (tunnel, bridged) and what is the encryption (WPA/WPA2-PSK)?
When you do a "show ap debug counters" do you see the reboot and the bootstrap counters going up?
Who is supplying DHCP on that VLAN?
What is the initial role for the AAA profile and what are the firewall policies?
Did you enable user debugging so we can see what the users are doing?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Remote-AP Operation always in local LAN

What is the forward mode (tunnel, bridged) and what is the encryption (WPA/WPA2-PSK)?
When you do a "show ap debug counters" do you see the reboot and the bootstrap counters going up?
Who is supplying DHCP on that VLAN?
What is the initial role for the AAA profile and what are the firewall policies?
Did you enable user debugging so we can see what the users are doing?

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply!
APs are in bridge mode always, with a WPA encryption
Yes, the counters go up
The DHCP is a Win Server on LAN
No PEF installed, initial role "logon"
Yes, I enabled users debug and I see normal traffic
The APs have static address in lan and internal address (other subnet) for "VPN". Clients are DHCP or STATIC, and the issue happens in both cases (device doesn't respond).
The issue happens randomly (twice a day, then no for 3 days...)
Thanks again!
Guru Elite

Counters Go Up

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply!
APs are in bridge mode always, with a WPA encryption
Yes, the counters go up
The DHCP is a Win Server on LAN
No PEF installed, initial role "logon"
Yes, I enabled users debug and I see normal traffic
The APs have static address in lan and internal address (other subnet) for "VPN". Clients are DHCP or STATIC, and the issue happens in both cases (device doesn't respond).
The issue happens randomly (twice a day, then no for 3 days...)
Thanks again!

It would seem that you have a connectivity issue. Is the bridge mode SSID the only one on that access point? Can you see the switchport that the access point is connected to? Does it have any errors? Did it negotiate correctly with the switch?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Remote-AP Operation always in local LAN

Yes, it's the only ssid. That's my opinion too, tomorrow evening will upgrade switch firmware (all APs are connected to the same Allied Telesis), then will analyze logs.
Many thanks!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: