Access Points

OHD
Contributor I

Remote Site AP

Hi,

I have a controller 650 setup at my HQ office with Wired 4 APs, Now we are going to plant 2 APs at our remote office which is using MPLS line.
So how do I start off and what I need to do?

Regard,
Adam
Guru Elite

Re: Remote Site AP

If you have MPLS at a remote site, it is merely an extension of your main site. Configure Discovery for your controller, either via DNS or DHCP options and when you plug the access points in at the remote site, they should find the controller, upgrade the code and be able to work.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

OHD
Contributor I

What code should I upgrade??

I read something about GRE tunnel.. do I need to perform any setting to use GRE tunneling for my case or it will auto establish if my forwarding mode is tunnel?
Guru Elite

You do not need to upgrade anything. The access points will do that automatically. The most important thing is to configure discovery, which is now new and existing access points find a controller.

If you have your own dns server, you should put an a-record of "aruba-master" that points to the ip address your controller in your datacenter. Your access points should find your master controller at the mpls site and should just work.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

OHD
Contributor I

Thanks for help... :)
Guru Elite

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

Remote Office AP discovery...

Colin - Quick question... Why would my remote office AP's not connect to my Master Controller? I have my Master Controller at one site and 50+ AP's properly working on it. I have 4 AP's that I have installed a "Local" 620 Controller at a remote office. The "Remote Controller" is up and connected and running. However when I place an AP in teh remote office it "will not" connect to the Master Controller to download its updates and programming. The Romote office AP's are grabbing DHCP but I can not ping them, I can ping the Master Controller from the remote office network both by IP Address and name and I have even set-up the DHCP options on teh remote DHCP server. Yet still no luck... any ideas?
Guru Elite

What model of APs are they and how is the remote site connected back to the main site? Site to site vpn?

Colin Joseph

OHD
Contributor I

Hi Sir,

Me again.. My AP had successfully communicate with HQ controller via MPLS line.
But when I go view my AP info, it flag I=inactive.
I also checked the AP,it tie to working profile which same as the HQ APs

Any Idea??

Note* My AP is provision through controller 1st then deploy to site.
Guru Elite

Do you have adequate licenses for those APs?

Type "show ap database" and "show profile-errors" on the master controller.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: