Access Points

Occasional Contributor I

Resetting an AP-60 Access Point?

How do I go about resetting an AP-60 Access Point?

I would like to reset a few AP-60's to factory default settings. I have a serial-to-RJ45 dongle and a LAN cable. I'm not able to get any response from the AP on putty when connected to my laptop. Do I need to use a specific type of LAN cable? Please advise... :confused:
Aruba Employee

Re: Resetting an AP-60 Access Point?

How are you powering the AP-60? The cable I believe you are referring to, the CA-*‐SPOE-*‐ADAPT-*‐3, will only work if you have an ethernet switch providing the PoE. If you have a mid-span injector, you need CA-*‐SPOE-*‐ADAPT-*‐4.
Occasional Contributor I

I'm using a power adapter to power the AP-60. What LAN cable would I use for that? Thanks!

Frequent Contributor II

SPOE Cable diagram attached

Had the same issue with an AP65 the other day and found the following. Hope it helps.
Occasional Contributor II

If you're using a wall wart, you can make a quick and dirty console cable to get the job done. It won't work with PoE. Follow this pinout on a piece of cat 5 and use an rj45-db9 adapter:

Occasional Contributor I

Great! Just what I needed! Thank you gentlemen. :D
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Iconic,

just take care of the numbering on the RJ connector as it is reversed so just begin the pin counting from the bottom up not as stated in the picture
it is very tricky and it took me a week to be able to make the console
mat
Occasional Contributor I

i had the same issue. i found out that you can plug an ap into a controller and ssh with the username serial and your admin password to the controller (it will ask for your admin username and password right after that) and you can connect to ports on the controller as a serial connection.
Contributor I

I cannot see anything in the console

I have tried to configure some AP-61 using CA-SPOE-ADAPT-3 and could not see anything in the console. The cable, the hiperterminal and the connection work fine, as I can configure another AP-61.

I have tried with different serial speeds 2400, 9600, ... but without success. The APs seem to work fine, as the leds blind normally. They do not provision, so I cannot access them.

What do you suggest to do?

Regards.
Guru Elite

you need to try 9600, NO Flow Control

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: